These barrels are perfect for aging homebrewed stouts, porters and other beers. Also great for hot sauce and other fermentables where you want a complex whiskey and oak profile.
Each American Oak barrel is aged for a minimum of 6 months while filled with premium whiskey from Balcone's Distilling in Waco, TX.
- Includes: Barrel, Stand and Rubber Bung
- Capacity: 5 Gallon (20 Liter)
- Dimensions: 12 D x 14 H x 15 L (inches)
Barrel Aging Tips
- Barrels should be used for secondary fermentation/aging, not primary fermentation.
- Test the barrel with a small quantity of your fermentable or a no rinse sanitizer prior to filling. Some barrels require soaking to tighten and you don't want to watch your fermentable leak through the cracks!
- Taste test beer frequently to avoid over-oaking. It can take as little as 3 days to achieve a desirable flavor.
- To store your barrel add a quart of whiskey or a no rinse sanitizer. Turn the barrel regularly to keep the inside surfaces moist.
- Barrels will impart a strong spirit flavor to your first couple of beers aged in it. After that barrels will impart an oaked flavor unless the barrel is stored with quality spirits between uses.
This product ships for Free!