A taste of the season. Bright orange, one could even say pumpkin colored, this beer retains a bit of sweetness to balance out the nearly 7% alcohol content. But not so sweet that pumpkin flavored cough syrup comes to mind as it does with some pumpkin ale seasonals. This is an ale that tastes of pumpkin pie and fortifies the spirit against the coming winter.
Brew it in early September to enjoy at your Halloween party or Thanksgiving dinner.
Fresh Extract Recipe Kit
OG: 1.062 | FG: 1.014 | IBU: 17.5 | SRM: 16.9 | ABV: 6.4%
- 1 - lbs 8 - oz Briess Crystal 40L
- 1 - lbs Weyermann Vienna Malt
- 8 - oz Briess 6-row
- 2 - 3.3lbs Cans Briess Golden Light LME
- 2 - 1oz bag Hallertau Hops
- 2 - Packs Safale S-04 English Ale Yeast (Recommended $6.98)
- 2 - Wyeast London Ale Activator Packs ($13.98)
- 1 - Pack Safale S-04 English Ale Yeast ($3.49)
- 1 - Wyeast London Ale Activator Pack ($6.99)