3 pounds of Cherry Wood Smoked Malt give this porter a delicious smokey flavor that's right up front, but not overpowering. Don't bother with liquid smoke, this is the real deal, and you shouldn't settle for less. If you haven't had a smoked porter before, go order a pint of Stone Smoked Porter and when you get back get this kit. Or get the kit first and have the pint in celebration of what you're about to make.
More than any other recipe on our site, this beer will develop over time. Be sure to hide a few bottles in the back of your beer fridge and compare at 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and beyond.
Fresh Extract Recipe Kit
OG: 1.073 | FG: 1.017 | IBU: 28.8 | SRM: 45.2 | ABV: 7.3%
- 3 - lbs Briess Cherry Wood Smoked Malt
- 8 - oz Briess Crystal 80L
- 8 - oz Briess Crystal 40L
- 12 - oz Crisp Chocolate Malt
- 8 - oz Crisp Black Patent Malt
- 3 - 3.3lbs Cans Briess Golden Light LME
- 2 - 1oz bag Kent Golding Hops
- 2 - 1oz bag Willamette Hops
- 2 - packs Nottingham Dry Ale Yeast (Recommended $7.98)
- 1 - pack Nottingham Dry Ale Yeast ($3.99)
- 1 - Whirlfloc Tablet