One of three beers selected for the AHA Big Brew 2014.
Pat Craddock grew his own Chinook and East Kent Goldings hops to brew this recipe for an Imperial Stout. Pat notes that any Phish fans out there will know where the inspiration for the name of the beer comes from!
Fresh Extract Recipe Kit
OG: 1.100 | FG: 1.025 | IBU: 86.0 | SRM: 45.0 | ABV: 9.8%
- 1 - lbs 8 - oz Crisp Chocolate Malt
- 8 - oz Briess 120L Crystal Malt
- 1 - lbs Weyermann Cara-Munich
- 4 - 3.3lbs cans Briess Golden Light LME
- 3 - 1oz bag Chinook Hops
- 3 - 1oz bag Kent Golding Hops
- 2 - Packs Safale US-05 American Ale Yeast (Recommended $6.98)
- 2 - Wyeast American Ale Activator Packs ($13.98)
- 1 - Pack Safale US-05 American Ale Yeast ($3.49)
- 1 - Wyeast American Ale Activator Pack ($6.99)
- 1 - Whirlfloc Tablet